Happy Fashion Friday all you gorgeous people! I’m sure you all have seen the fanny pack trend going around. And again it’s one of those trends that you absolutely love or hate. Personally, I didn’t like it at all when it first surfaced. Find out what made me change my mind.
WHAT IM WEARING
Photo Credits: Harini SA Photography
I started looking into fanny packs more as a necessity & as a more practical alternative to the crossbody bag. Now, why do we need an alternative to the crossbody bag? There are two reasons. First, Summer is almost here & everybody likes to celebrate in the Sun. And I make it point to attend events to mingle with other bloggers & discover new local brands. Needless to say, food & drinks are involved in these events like any other events. And I need to have both my hands free. The second reason is I needed a change, just got bored of crossbody bags. And when I started looking for an alternative the fanny pack solution. I was on the lookout for a chic one because the traditional “dad”/”mom” fanny pack wasn’t really my jam. That’s why I was thrilled to see this boho-edgy one at Target & I just knew I had to have it. This faux-leather fanny pack has a marbled look with metal accents for a pop of contrasting style. It’s definitely not a replacement for the crossbody bag because let’s be real it’s pretty small. But it fits all my essentials, my iPhone 7 plus, credit cards & some makeup. It totally works for the events that I attend.
I styled it with another beauty from Target, this off the shoulder, embroidered, bell sleeve dress. Are there any trends this dress doesn’t have? If I were to have only ONE dress for SUmmer, I think I would choose this one. To add a pop of color I added my favorite pair of shoes, mules. And just when I thought mules couldn’t get any better, Who What Wear came out with these BOMB red kitten heel pointed toe ones!
What are your thoughts on the fanny pack trend? Do you like it, love it or it’s not for you? Let me know in the comments below.
WHAT IM WEARING
This post was featured by Independent Fashion Bloggers. Check out some other talented creatives below.
Links à la Mode, June 21st, 2018
- Adorned in Armor: Adorn My Prom with Miss Black New Jersey – Prom Makeover
- Aesthetic Distance: Why Are There So Few Asian Beach Reads?
- Gabriella Lundgren: The Circle of Clothes
- Girl in Betsey: Vacation Pieces You Need This Summer
- Have Clothes, Will Travel: What to Pack for an Adventure in Peru’s Amazon Rainforest
- Lillyrose By Juliet Ly: How to Pack Hand Luggage
- Luna Vida Blog: Wish You Were Vegan | V-Neck Tee + Cropped Jeans + Sandals
- Sifa’s Corner: Buy or Skip? Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Palette & Amrezy Highlighter
- The Petite Bijou: How To Travel When You Like Many Outfits
- What Vru Wore: White Off the Shoulder Bell Sleeve Dress and Brown Fanny Pack